Report Suspected Human Trafficking
If you believe that you may have observed or experienced human trafficking, please call (888) 373-7888 or text information to the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 233733. Message and data rates may apply. You may also chat with the National Human Trafficking Hotline via www.humantraffickinghotline.org/chat. If you believe that someone is in imminent danger, please call 911 immediately.
As a way to support anti-trafficking efforts, consider “Conscientious Consumerism.” This is a practice of intentionally shopping at stores that support fair wages and practices for their supply chain which ultimately lowers the risk of buying
products that have been made via labor trafficking.
Here are some tips for practicing this while shopping:
- Choose specific products that you use a lot and change to a Fair Trade brand. Common examples are coffee, chocolate and tea. Fair Trade brands are available at many retailers.
- Buy refurbished electronics.
- Buy second hand products.
- Shop local.
- Do your research and try to shop at companies that actively police their supply chains to ensure their products are made ethically.
- If your local businesses do not have fair trade options, ask them to begin stocking Fair Trade items. If enough people ask for them, they may add Fair Trade options to their product list.