January 5, 2012
Jefferson City, Mo. – Attorney General Chris Koster today sued two New York telemarketing companies for making solicitation calls to Missourians who had previously placed their names on the state's no-call list. He said the suit came as a result of numerous complaints filed with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General’s Office.
Koster filed suit against Predictivedialernow, Inc., and owner Karen Wright, and Salesdialerpro, Inc, d/b/a Sales Technology, LLC, and owner George Kaltner. Both companies are based in Staten Island, New York. Koster said solicitation calls were made to consumers claiming the companies could lower their credit card interest rate or attempting to sell such items as car warranties and health insurance.
“When Missourians register with our No-Call list, they do so with the reasonable expectation that they will not receive these unsolicited, harassing calls,” Koster said. "These businesses are aware of our No-Call laws, and they are realizing that this office will enforce those laws.”
Koster said he is asking the court to stop the telemarketers from making calls to Missourians on the no-call list who have no established business relationship with the companies. In addition, he said he is seeking civil penalties for the violations of Missouri law, in addition to the costs of the investigation and prosecution, and all court costs.
Koster reminds Missourians they can sign up for the Do-Not-Call hotline on his website at http://ago.mo.gov/ or by calling 1-866-buzzoff (1-866-289-9633). He encourages consumers who receive harassing solicitation calls to file a complaint at 1-866-662-2551.