Skip to page content Skip to site navigation
Home :: Law Enforcement :: Crime Victims
AG Chris Koster | FAQs
Missouri Attorney General

Agencies crime victims can call for help

Several state agencies in Missouri and other federal and nonprofit agencies provide services to crime victims. To report any changes, please e-mail us.

Missouri state agencies that crime victims can call for help
State agenciesServices OfferedPhone
Missouri Attorney General's OfficeRefers victims to advocates within county where offense was perpetrated. If the convicted criminal appeals, the AG's Office will provide the victim with the case status on request.573-751-3321
Child Abuse/Neglect HotlineThe Division of Family Services operates the hotline and investigates child abuse complaints.800-392-3738
Division of Child Support EnforcementProvides general information about child support enforcement and refers callers to the appropriate field office for specific case information.800-859-7999
Crime Victims' Compensation ProgramOnce an application is received, this program determines what victims are eligible for compensation and distributes money.800-347-6881
Department of Corrections,
Victim Services
Once a victim's perpetrator is convicted, the department will act as an advocate for victims, providing information such as inmate status and parole eligibility.573-526-6516
Department of Public SafetyIs committed to improving Missouri's response to violent crime and its victims by providing grant funding to crime victim service providers throughout the state.573-751-4905
Elder Abuse/Neglect Hotline The Department of Health and Senior Services operates the hotline, providing referrals and information. It also investigates reports of abuse against seniors and the disabled.800-392-0210
Highway Patrol, DWI AdvocateProvides statewide advocacy programs for victims of DWI offenses.888-773-1800
Parental Stress HelplineOperated by the Department of Social Services, the helpline refers callers to services in their communities.800-367-2543
Nonprofit agencies that crime victims can call for help
Nonprofit agenciesServices OfferedPhone
Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual ViolenceProvides information and refers domestic and sexual violence victims to shelters and services and provides crisis intervention services.573-634-4161
Missouri Victim Assistance NetworkMoVA, a nonprofit organization, is dedicated to securing more rights for crime victims.800-698-9199
MADD state officeMothers Against Drunk Driving, a nonprofit organization, is an advocate for victims of drunken driving incidents.800-736-6233
LEAD Institute, DeafLineProvides direct services on domestic violence for the deaf and hard of hearing. LEAD also has a DeafLine and Mid-Mo Crisis Line.800-380-3323
National organizations that crime victims can call for help
National organizationsServices OfferedPhone
National Domestic Violence HotlineRefers callers to domestic violence programs in their communities 24 hours a day.800-799-7233
Childhelp USAForrester National Child Abuse Hotline800-422-4453
Family Violence Prevention Fund800-313-1310
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)800-736-6233
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children800-843-5678
National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information800-394-3366
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence 800-799-7233
National Criminal Justice Reference ServiceIs an extensive source of information on criminal and juvenile justice in the world, providing services to an international community of policymakers and professionals.800-851-3420
National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA)202-232-6682
National Center for Victims of Crime Assistance for crime victims that includes support, education and referral to sate and local services. 800-394-2255
National Victim Resource Center800-851-3420
Parents of Murdered ChildrenNational office in Cincinnati888-818-7662
Greater Kansas City area chapter816-850-4200
St. Louis area chapter618-233-5471
St. Charles Lewis and Clark chapter636-462-6390
National Sexual Assault HotlineRefers rape, abuse and incest victims to local shelters and services such as advocates and counselors.800-656-4673
Elderly Abuse and Addiction Recovery CenterTreatment for addiction combined with abuse issues888-299-7166
State homepage   |    Missouri statutes   |    Forms   |    Site Map   |    Accessibility   |    Privacy Policy   |    Contact Us  Follow AGO on Twitter!  RSS Feed  RSS Feed