Welcome Home, a consumer publication from the Office of the Attorney General, explains the adoption process in Missouri, whether the adoption is domestic, international, foster or another type.
Welcome Home can be downloaded in its entirety as a PDF file by clicking the image to the right. Consumers can also order a free copy of the publication using our online order form or by calling the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline, 1-800-392-8222.
To download and view the Welcome Home publication on adoption you will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your machine. The latest version of Adobe Reader can be downloaded at no charge.
Changes in International Adoption
The United States federal government has announced changes in its international adoption policies effective April 1, 2008. Get details from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services web site by using the links provided below.
Government Forms for Adoption
Official government forms mentioned throughout the publication can be found below. These forms may be updated from time to time.
- Adoption Information Registry Form For biological parents
- Adoption Information Registry Form For adopted children
- Affidavit acknowledging paternity
- Notice of intent to claim paternity
- Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition
- Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative